Our Teaching School
Welcome to CAPITAL Teaching School Alliance
CAPITAL Teaching School Alliance was awarded teaching school status in February 2015 and is led by St Nicholas CE Primary School.
The alliance includes secondary and primary schools from within Sefton each contributing and being involved in the work of the teaching school.
Teaching schools are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system. Collaboration is at the heart of the teaching school model. The alliance delivers support for other schools in their wider network to:
Train new entrants to the profession alongside other partners including universities
- Lead peer to peer learning
- Spot and nurture leadership potential
- Provide support for other schools
- Designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- Engage in research and development
- Organise and broker a wide range of training opportunities and activities to support school improvement
As a Teaching School, we aim to be at the heart of the alliance, offering strategic leadership and co-ordinating, monitoring and quality assuring alliance activities and expertise.